- What is io-pharma.com?
- Why was io-pharma.com developed?
- Why should I use io-pharma.com?
- Who do I contact if I encounter a problem?
- What if I forgot my password?
- How do I register?
- What is Trust2Source?
- Do I have to open an account with iOPharma™ to sell or buy?
- Why do I have to register to use the iOPharma™ website?
- Can I buy and sell any ingredient on iOPharma™ ?
- What can I do if the delivered ingredient does not meet agreed criteria?
- What can I do if there are problems with a shipper or forwarder?
- What is the meaning of “FOB”?
- How can I find a reputable supplier?
- What can I do if I want to know more about a specific supplier?
- Who is responsible for compliance with laws, regulations, and industry standards?
- What needs to be done if I detect non-compliant behaviour?
- Can I store transaction data also on my own computers and servers?
- What are the rights and obligations between me and iOPharma™ ?
- Is it possible for a supplier to control who get’s access to product information, including price?
- What are the rights and obligations between a buyer and a supplier entering a purchase order?
- Is iOPharma™ also bound by agreements between buyer and supplier that are entered via the platform?
What is io-pharma.com?
iOPharma™ is a dedicated web-based trading platform. It uses state of the art technologies to provide buyers and sellers with a single, collaborative platform that enables end-to-end, online transactions. The platform helps buyers and sellers to reduce the time and cost to source, qualify, promote, negotiate, order, ship, receive, quality check, and pay for products to minutes instead of days.
Why was io-pharma.com developed?
iOPharma™ was developed to supplement, support, and enhance existing internal workflow systems and not to replace them. The platform represents a ‘plug-in’ to harmonise workflows between trading partners, allowing them to focus on core activities whilst simultaneously managing interactions in the background.
Why should I use io-pharma.com?
iOPharma™ is a comprehensive, online, end-to-end supply chain management platform that helps buyers and sellers to:
- Reduce the time and cost to source, qualify, promote, negotiate, order, ship, receive, quality check, and pay for products to minutes instead of days
- Minimize shipping costs and uncertainties by ordering, documenting and tracking directly to forwarders with a click of a button
- Ensure compliance and full traceability via our online audit trail logs
- Stay on top of your business with mobile, secure access to all departments and stakeholders
- Reduce duplication of work and resources with a harmonised “one stop shop” for trading
- Ensure that you are getting the most favourable terms by accessing a wider range of qualified suppliers and buyers
- Stay informed with our extensive and up-to-date product, market, and industry information
- Keep your business running around the clock with 24/7 access to your entire supply chain
Who do I contact if I encounter a problem?
Our specialist online help desk is there to offer problem resolution services at your request. To raise a help desk ticket, please email: email@example.com.
What if I forgot my password?
If you have forgotten your password, simply click on the ‘forgot your password?’ link on the iOPharma™ .com log in page and we will send you a new password.
How do I register?
To register simply go to: www.io-pharma.com and click on the “register” button. Please make sure that you click on the correct button. If you are a buyer than click on the “Buyer” registration button and if you are a supplier than click on the “Supplier” registration button.
What is Trust2Source?
Trust2Source is a non-invasive, free web-based app that deploys in minutes on a supplier’s website. It allows prospective buyers to not only browse product lists but also to directly make enquiries, negotiate terms, order products, and track and quality approve shipments online.
Do I have to open an account with iOPharma™ to sell or buy?
Though you can browse or search through iOPharma™ ‘s global product catalogue from the moment you first visit the site, you must become a registered iOPharma™ user in order to buy or sell pharmaceutical ingredients.
Why do I have to register to use the iOPharma™ website?
- There are several reasons for iOPharma™ ‘s requirement that visitors become registered users in order to buy and sell pharmaceutical ingredients, all of them related to compliance, transparency, safety and fairness.
- Registration gives buyers and sellers recourse. Because iOPharma™ maintains contact information for all buyers and sellers, those who feel as though they’ve been defrauded are guaranteed some recourse and a way to contact or communicate with the other party.
- Registration prohibits abuse, fraud or vandalism. Because every ingredient listed and every order placed on iOPharma™ can be traced to someone, it is highly unlikely that the platform is abused by false and misleading actions or false and insincere orders. User registration keeps the wheels of commerce turning smoothly.
- Registration provides performance tracking. By using a clever and democratic feedback system, iOPharma™ is able to provide every user with an indication of how his or her trading partners have performed in past transactions. This makes good users look better while making it virtually impossible for poor users to continue to do business using poor practices.
- Registration makes it easier to buy and sell because iOPharma™ remembers your shipping address and (if you so choose) payment information; you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you purchase or sell an item.
Can I buy and sell any ingredient on iOPharma™ ?
No. There are limits on the range of ingredients that can be sold on iOPharma™ .com.
Anything that is illegal to trade, illegal to possess, illegal to transport or is not compliant with applicable regulations or industry standards cannot be sold on iOPharma™ . For specific details about the types of items that can’t be sold on iOPharma™ or that can only be sold if certain conditions are met, refer to iOPharma™ ‘s Prohibited and Restricted Ingredients policy.
What can I do if the delivered ingredient does not meet agreed criteria?
There exist various ways to resolve such an unlikely conflict. We strongly recommend the following steps. 1) Quick reaction: Immediately get in touch with your supplier and precisely report in writing any deficiencies, failures or alleged breach of contract (note: For reasons of evidence send an email via iOPharma™ ‘s mail system); 2) try to settle the dispute amicably with your supplier within a reasonable period of time; 3) if such a settlement fails, inform iOPharma™ Support which then may intervene by means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) or by arbitration.
What can I do if there are problems with a shipper or forwarder?
First, check the agreed terms & conditions with your shipper/forwarder. We then recommend the following steps. 1) Quick reaction: Immediately get in touch with the shipper/forwarder and report in writing any deficiencies, failures or alleged breach of contract (note: Send an email via iOPharma™ ); 2) try to settle the dispute amicably with your shipper/forwarder within a reasonable period of time; 3) if such a settlement fails, inform iOPharma™ Support which then may intervene by means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) or by arbitration.
What is the meaning of “FOB”?
Under the Incoterm standard published by the International Chamber of Commerce, FOB stands for “Free On Board”, and is always used in conjunction with a port of loading. Indicating “FOB port” means that the seller pays for transportation of the goods to the port of shipment, plus loading costs.
The buyer pays cost of marine freight transport, insurance, unloading, and transportation from the arrival port to the final destination. The passing of risks occurs when the goods pass the ship’s rail at the port of shipment. For example, “FOB Vancouver” indicates that the seller will pay for transportation of the goods to the port of Vancouver, and the cost of loading the goods on to the cargo ship (this includes inland haulage, Customs clearance, origin documentation charges, demurrage if any, origin Port handling charges, in this case Vancouver).
The buyer pays for all costs beyond that point (including unloading). Responsibility for the goods is with the seller until the goods pass the ship’s rail. Once the cargo is on the ship, the buyer assumes risk.
Due to potential confusion with domestic North American usage of “FOB”, it is recommended that the use of Incoterms be explicitly specified, along with the edition of the standard. For example, “FOB New York (Incoterms 2000)”. Incoterms apply primarily to international trade, not domestic trade within a given country.
How can I find a reputable supplier?
Only qualified suppliers have access to iOPharma™ . Therefore, it is very unlikely that a supplier does not meet the high standards of the pharmaceutical industry. Nevertheless, at the sourcing stage it is important to study the supplier’s profile thoroughly. In the unlikely event of problems with a particular supplier we advise you to get in touch with our sales support team that may intervene and try to settle any misunderstandings, conflicts or disputes.
What can I do if I want to know more about a specific supplier?
Apart from reviewing the supplier’s profile that is published on iOPharma™ , we also recommend that you visit the supplier’s website and call directly to the supplier’s contact person indicated in their profile. iOPharma™ itself is not in a position to give any specific recommendations on suppliers but is obliged to treat all users of its services equally.
Who is responsible for compliance with laws, regulations, and industry standards?
It is the responsibility of any user of iOPharma™ ‘s services to be compliant with applicable laws, standard’s and industry codes and codexes (“soft law” such as industry recommendations). Non-compliance may result in the closure of your account with iOPharma™ (see the iOPharma™ User Agreement).
What needs to be done if I detect non-compliant behaviour?
This calls for immediate action. We strongly recommend that you immediately get in touch with the iOPharma™ Support staff.
Can I store transaction data also on my own computers and servers?
Yes. Though all data between buyer and supplier is safely stored on the iOPharma™ servers and the latest backup technology is applied, it is possible to store transaction data on your own server as well.
What are the rights and obligations between me and iOPharma™ ?
Rights and obligations of users are stated in the iOPharma™ User Agreement that you sign when you initially register on the site. There you will find all terms and conditions for the use of the site. We recommend that you thoroughly review this document. You will find a link to the latest terms and conditions at the bottom of the iOPharma™ website.
Is it possible for a supplier to control who get’s access to product information, including price?
Yes. The supplier has full and exclusive control at any time. If a potential buyer sends a request to enquire, it is the supplier alone who decides if further information such as price details will be disclosed or if the request will be denied.
What are the rights and obligations between a buyer and a supplier entering a purchase order?
Once a buyer and a seller agree on all relevant elements of a transaction such as quantity, quality, price, delivery details, etc. they have entered a binding contractual agreement. We highly recommend the exchange of signed agreements in writing as this is the best evidence about what was agreed in case of a conflict between the parties.
Is iOPharma™ also bound by agreements between buyer and supplier that are entered via the platform?
No. iOPharma™ is a service provider facilitating the exchange of information between buyer and supplier and as such is not a party to a sale purchase agreement.